5 Basketball Jump Shot Tips
These 5 basketball jump shot tips are the ones that will help you improve your shooting percentage and score more points. A more accurate shooter is a dangerous player on the court. Follow these 5 basketball jump shot tips and you will see your scoring average go up.
- Look at the target. One of the biggest mistakes players make is they throw the ball towards the hoop without looking to see where the net is. This entry into the list of the 5 basketball jump shot tips forces players to take a look before putting up the ball. You can only hit the target when you can see it.
- Take your time. When you are setting up your jump shot, you will know when it feels right to let the ball go, Your brain centers in on the target, and the angle just feels right. Wait for the shot to develop before putting it up. Let the defense pass you by and make sure that a pass is not a better option before you put it up.
- Don't over-think it. One of the most effective entries in the list of the 5 basketball jump shot tips is to not over-think your shot. Once it feels right, just let the ball go. Holding on to the ball longer than you should will cause you to lose your rhythm, and it could get you a foul as well.
- Watch for your teammates. The thing about a jump shot is that you are almost never able to recover your own rebound. Make sure your teammates are moving down the court with you, and give them a second or two to get in position to collect the rebound if you miss. You want the points for your team without having to worry about a quick transition to defense on a give-away.
- Use two hands. Some players watch too much television and try to pull off a one-handed jump shot. Place one hand under the ball to push the shot out, and the second hand is along side of the ball to guide it. Save the one-handed shots for dunking and rebounds. Use two hands when pulling off a jump shot.