Below are 5 bath design ideas for men to incorporate into their decorating or renovations. While bathroom design isn’t necessarily female-centric, sometimes the sheer number of towels containing flowers can make decorating the room difficult. Fortunately, there are five things you can do to make your bathroom comfortable, usable and all your own, or at least the majority of it.
- Choose function over style. Those decorated towels sure are pretty, but they won’t actually dry your hands. One of the most important aspects of bath design is to choose items that are actually usable for their purpose rather than look nice. Towels, for example, should actually be absorbent. Prior to purchasing anything for your bathroom, consider what you need from the room and any precautions you need to include, such as face wash that might stain colored towels.
- Restrain your wallet. A bathroom is one of the most-used rooms in the house. As such, it will show wear and tear faster than other areas. Decorative objects and towels will need to be replaced on a regular basis to prevent them from looking shabby. Because of this, do not spend a lot of money on the room’s decorations. Your funds will be called upon time and again to refurbish the room.
- Keep it simple. A solid color theme is the best in a bathroom. The wall and tile colors will limit the number of other colors you can introduce into the room. It is always a safe bet, though, to stick with solid, basic colors that either compliment or contrast with the colors already in the room. Complimentary colors blend with the wall and tile, while contrasting colors will be at the opposite end of the color spectrum and stand out more. Using a contrasting color will be a bolder decorating statement, so beware.
- Remember, there’s nothing wrong with white. A white bathroom is modern, clean and easy to maintain. Moreover, adding white to an already colorful bathroom will not add more color to the room, eliminating the possibility that the room will appear overwhelmed with different colors. To make it even more modern, choose bathroom accessories that have a modern texture or white-on-white decoration.
- Always add more storage. No bathroom can have too much storage. If possible, add shelves, drawers and cabinets to increase the amount of space you have to hide your toiletries and bathroom goods, such as toilet paper. These storage spaces will make the bathroom appear tidier and, most importantly, be girl friendly. You know, for storing that extra toothbrush.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.