5 Beaches For Dogs In San Diego
Knowing about the 5 beaches for dogs in San Diego is essential if you live or plan on staying around San Diego with your pup. From the beautiful Dog Beach within Ocean Beach to the Fiesta Island beach, there are many excellent dog friendly beaches located in sunny San Diego.
- Mission Beach and Promenade. Located west of Mission Bay Park on Mission Blvd., this dog friendly beach allows leashed dogs from 6 p.m. to 9 a.m. This is one of the best beaches for dogs in San Diego as it’s roughly three miles in length and the Promenade walkway makes for easy access. Be sure to pick up any droppings left by your dog or you could be fined.
- Fiesta Island. Part of Mission Bay, Fiesta Island is another excellent beach for dogs in San Diego. Sandy dunes, gentle rolling waves and plenty of wide open space await your dog at Fiesta Island. While dogs can be left off leash at this beach, be sure to keep your eye on your pup at all times as there are dangerous highways located nearby.
- Dog Beach Del Mar. Located in northern San Diego, the Dog Beach Del Mar is the place to be if you want to breathe in some fresh air, play for hours and exercise with your pup. This particular beach for dogs in San Diego is leash free during September to June. During the summer months your dog must be on a leash at all times.
- Dog Beach Ocean Beach. Located at the west end of the San Diego river floodway in northern Ocean Beach, Dog Beach is one of the most popular beaches for dogs in San Diego. This dog friendly beach features plenty of romping room, soft sand, nice waves and a leash free environment.
- Dog Beach Coronado. If you’re looking for a family and dog friendly environment then the Dog Beach in Coronado, across the San Diego Bay, is the perfect beach for you. This off-leash beach retreat is situated at the northern end on Ocean Blvd. near Sunset Park. Expect to be entranced with beautiful beach sunsets, a happy environment and friendly dogs and smiling families.