5 Beer Drinking Games
The next time you and your friends are out drinking, start up one of the 5 beer drinking games you have to know to get the party in full gear. If you enjoy drinking beer with your friends, then you should become familiar with as many drinking games as you can. But there are 5 beer drinking games that every beer drinker has to know.
- Beer Pong. Each side of the table has a full glass of beer on each corner, and it has to be a glass with a wide opening. This game is best played by teams of two each, but it can be played with one on one. The regular rules of ping pong apply for game play. Each time your opponent hits one of your beer glasses while the ball is considered in play, you must take a sip from that glass. If your opponent hits the ball into your glass either on the fly or one hop, you must drink the entire glass. Glasses must be refilled until someone wins the game with a score of 21.
- Quarters. You cannot have a list of 5 beer drinking games you must know without quarters. You need a hard-surfaced circular table for this game. Each person sits at the table and has a glass of beer in front of him. It must be a wide-mouthed glass of beer and not a bottle or can. Someone starts by trying to bounce a quarter into someone's glass. If your glass gets hit by a quarter on one hop, you must sip. If the quarter one-hops into your glass then you must drink the whole thing and get a refill. Drinking beer is the only point to Quarters. The last person not passed out wins.
- Beer Monopoly. The fun thing about Beer Monopoly is to see how long you and your friends can actually keep the game going before you all pass out. You will need a game of Monopoly, but you won't need the money. Everytime something comes up in the game with money, you take sips of beer based on the first number in the sequence. For example, if you pick up a card that says you won $20 in a beauty contest then you take two drinks. Passing Go gets you two drinks instead of $200. Landing on Boardwalk or Park Place means you take five drinks instead of paying the $50 in rent. You get the idea. It always the first number, so this eliminated the need for hotels and houses.
- House of Cards. Sometimes beer drinking games really do not need a purpose to be one of the 5 beer drinking games you have to know. The House of Cards is simple. Each person takes two cards and starts to build a house of cards. The person who causes the house to fall has to drink a whole beer. This game gets fun to watch after about 30 minutes, especially if the same two or three people keep causing the house of cards to fall.
- Alphabet Game. This game is simple, but effective. One person starts off with a topic such as "things you see in a parking lot," and then has to name something in a parking lot that begins with the letter A. The next person has to say what the first person said, and then instantly say something that begins with the letter B. If it takes the second person longer than a count of two, then he has to take a sip of beer and then say his item that starts with B. Each successive person has to add an item using the next letter in line, and they must also repeat the other items that have been said. Each time an item is wrong, or someone forgets an item, they must take a sip of beer. If a person cannot think of anything for their letter, then he must drink his beer and then pass. All empty beers get refilled until the alphabet is done.