5 Benefits Of Green Tea
Making some healthy changes in your life and wondering what the 5 benefits of green tea are? Green tea has been used for centuries for ceremonial as well as medicinal uses and as a powerful antioxidant. Many power and healthy drinks include green tea, and if you don't like the taste of the tea or sipping hot tea isn't your thing, you can purchase encapsulated green tea powder or extract.
- It is tried and true. The Chinese culture has used green tea for more than 4,000 years, with many benefits. If you prefer a product that has undergone rigorous testing and has a long, positive history, green tea is for you.
- It’s a toxin cleanser. Benefits of green tea include its ability to detoxify the body and by using it daily, you inhibit the buildup of nasty toxins. The key to gaining its benefits is using it daily and making it a part of your daily routine. If you find you do not like the taste of green tea, pick up a bottle of green tea extract and you’ll receive the same benefits.
- It increases metabolism and burns calories. One of the newest findings and certainly a benefit of green tea is its ability to help you burn calories, which in turn helps you lose weight. Green tea has naturally occurring caffeine but not as much as coffee or carbonated beverages. Drinking green tea or taking it in pill form rarely causes nervousness or insomnia.
- Green tea helps with arthritis by reducing inflammation. For those suffering from arthritis, a benefit of green tea is its anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps slow down the breakdown of cartilage, thus helping to preserve the joints longer. By reducing inflammation, green tea also helps with pain management.
- Green tea reduces heart disease and lowers cholesterol. For many people, green tea's ability to help prevent major health problems is one of its best benefits. High cholesterol and heart disease are prevalent in the United States, so finding a natural product to fight against these health issues is truly astounding.