Besides tasting great, there are 5 benefits of honey that will better your body. Honey is a sweet concoction made from honeybees. It is often used as a sugar substitute or flavor enhancer, but honey has a multitude of other uses.
- Sore throat. If you never tried swallowing honey when you have a sore throat, you should. The honey coats and soothes the throat, making it feel better in a matter of minutes, if not seconds. Besides making your throat feel better, honey can help fight the infection that caused the sore throat. You can gargle some warm honey either alone or mixed with warm water. A spoonful of honey in hot tea also soothes a sore throat.
- Hangover remedy. Did you have too much to drink last Saturday night and wind up with a hangover? Honey can help alleviate the symptoms of a hangover. Honey contains a sugar called fructose, which helps the liver metabolize alcohol.
- Minor cuts and burns. Honey's antibiotic properties also works wonders on minor cuts and burns. Yes, it will be a sticky paste, but the slow release of hydrogen peroxide can help disinfect the wound. Remember, for any serious wound or cut, seek medical attention.
- Energy. One of the benefits of honey is its "pick me up" qualities. If you are feeling a little sluggish in the morning or after your workout, try a tablespoon of honey. Don't go hog wild on the honey though because one tablespoon equals 64 calories.
- Acne. Because of honey's antiseptic and antibiotic properties, it can help to treat acne. Simply spread a thin layer of honey over your face like a mask. The honey may start to drip, so lie flat and watch a game. Alternatively, place a tissue over the honey mask to prevent dripping.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.