One of the most important nutrients in the human body is iron and hence, there are many five benefits of iron supplements. Most of the iron contained in the body is stored within the red blood cells (in the hemoglobin), and blood, obviously, is vital to human life. Below are just a few of the benefits of iron supplements.
- Probably the most important use of iron supplements is to treat anemia. Anemia is, quite simply, when the body doesn't store as much iron as is needed. An iron tablet a day will add additional iron for storage.
- Iron supplements can aid in increasing energy and performance of your body. An iron supplement may add more energy and power to your workout routine as your blood will function more efficiently in providing oxygen to your body.
- Iron supplements may aid in a more restful night. Studies have shown that additional iron aids in deeper sleep. So, if you're an insomniac, give an iron supplement a try for a few weeks.
- If you're interested in maintaining and increasing brain activity, add an iron supplement. Since the brain uses up to twenty percent of the oxygen contained in blood, and iron supplements add additional iron to blood, supplementing iron is a great way to increase your brain power. Think about it!
- Iron supplements help the body fight infections. Adding that iron supplement to your daily routine will help your body work more efficiently in fighting off infections. And, wounds will heal quicker also.
Although there are many benefits to taking iron supplements, too much iron can cause constipation so proceed slowly when adding an iron supplement to your routine.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...