If you are non-runner, you probably think running is boring at best and masochistic at worst; you need to learn about 5 benefits of running every day. Becoming a runner provides tremendous benefits in all areas of your life. Note: You don't have to run every single day to see benefits. If you are just starting out, you shouldn't run every single day.
- Running every day is good for your heart. Okay, everyone knows the main benefit of running is cardiovascular; but maybe you don't know why. Running consistently helps the arterial walls become more elastic. Less force will need to be exerted on the arterial walls to pump blood throughout the body. Additionally, running makes your heart work hard so when you aren't pounding the pavement, your heart will think everything else seems easy. This means a lower resting heart rate. The average runner has a resting heart rate of around 60 beats per minute.
- Running every day makes you better in bed. Another exciting benefit of running is that it will make you perform better. Health professionals at Colombia University say that during exercise blood flows to your genital regions. This increases your libido and makes sex more enjoyable. Running everyday can even prevent erectile dysfunction, which is correlated with inadequate blood flow.
- Running every day makes you happy. When you run, you release endorphins and neurotransmitters (like dopamine) which is responsible for mood regulation. Some doctors say that running is even as effective as psychotherapy in alleviating depression; running gives patients something else to focus on and removes the world around them.
- Running every day teaches you discipline. When asked what would posses a man to run, legendary track and field coach Bruce Hamilton stated that people who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to obtain a goal are the happiest of men. He wrote, "[runners] stay everlasting at something until it's mastered; they can sustain effort over a long period of time and they never give up. Above all they never give up." Nothing takes as much dedication and discipline as running every day.
- Running every day makes you look good. Okay, maybe you don't want to look like an Ethiopian marathon runner, but you can still run every day to improve your muscle tone and lose weight. Running is one of the best exercises because it increases lean muscle tissue, while burning fat. Running will also make you feel more confident about your appearance, which in turn will make you look sexier.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.