Synthroid medicine, levothyroxine, is often used to treat hypothyroidism; the 5 benefits of Synthroid medicine are related to treatment of hypothyroid symptoms, as well as other reported benefits. Synthroid stands for synthetic thyroid, and is chemically identical to that produced in the human thyroid gland. As a result, it has proven to be an effective medication and replacement. Here are the main benefits of Synthroid medicine.
- There are little to no side effects. As long as annual blood tests are administered to titrate the dosage, the reported side effects are little to none. This is one of the major benefits of Synthroid medicine, as other thyroid medications can cause some condition symptoms, such as loss of libido, to be exacerbated.
- It increases energy. One of the major benefits of Synthorid medicine reported by users is an increase in energy. The only problem with this is a seeming drop in energy when going off of the drug.
- Causes clearer thinking. The medication helps to focus patients. This can result also in a more positive outlook, another one of the major benefits of Synthroid medicine or any medication.
- Improved immune system. Synthroid medicine, along with making patients feel more energized, helps prevent other conditions from occurring during treatment.
- Improved hair and skin. Thyroid problems can result in dull skin and thinning hair. One of the major benefits of Synthroid medicine is the reversal of these symptoms. This also helps patients' outlooks improve, as confidence often leads to feeling better.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.