Many people are relying on herbal supplements to assist them with medical issues and have begun to research the top 5 benefits of taking liporic acid supplements. Liporic acid is a powerful, natural antioxidant becoming recognized as having some unique properties in the therapy and prevention of a broad range of diseases.
- Brain Health Taking liporic acid supplements can lower the levels of iron and copper in the brain. Iron and copper accumulations in the brain are believed to increase the chances of developing a neurodegenerative disorder.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Taking liporic acid supplements can help control the symptoms and slow down the progression of carpal tunnel syndrome especially if used during the early stages of the disease.
- Diabetes Many studies have been conducted showing liporic acid supplements may play a role in aiding those with diabetes. Some studies have shown that those taking the supplement experienced a slower advancement of the disease than those not taking the supplement. Previous studies have shown that liporic acid may be helpful for diabetic neuropathy (the loss of sensation), which is often first noticed in the feet. There have also been some signs of improved insulin sensitivity for Type Two patients.
- Alzheimer’s Disease A recent study shows that adding liporic acid supplements to cholinesterase inhibitors resulted in some patients experiencing a change in the stabilization of cognitive functions. The progression of the disease also appears to be substantially lower for those supplementing with liporic acid.
- Weight Loss While many people have experienced weight loss by taking supplements that include liporic acid, it is important to understand that liporic acid supplements must be combined with supplements like green tea or hoodia in order to be a successful appetite suppressant.
Supplements are available as capsules and tablets and are sold in health food stores and on the internet. Most studies have used doses of 300 to 600 mg daily. Some of the most important things to consider when taking supplements are to research the uses, side effects, adverse reactions to other supplements or medications and speak with a medical professional to determine if the supplement is safe.