Learn of the five best 1950's actresses with short hair for a glimpse at who lit up the silver screen more than 50 years ago. These 1950's actresses were glamorous and beautiful. Some of the best 1950's actresses with short hair were known for their sex appeal and others played more wholesome roles on the big screen. All of the actresses wore their hair short and long depending on the roles they played in movies.
- Audrey Hepburn. Hepburn was one of the most popular actresses of the 1950's. Hepburn was born in 1929 and died in 1993. She had short hair, styled in a pixie cut. During the 1950's, she starred in "Roman Holiday," "The Nun's Story," "Funny Face," "Sabrina," and many other movies. She won an Academy Award for Best Actress for "Roman Holiday" and was nominated best actress for several other movies.
- Marilyn Monroe. Monroe was an extremely popular actress in the 1950's who had short hair. She was born in 1926 and died in 1962. Monroe played sultry roles in movies of the 1950's including "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes," "The Seven-Year Itch," and "Some Like It Hot." She was married three times and was alleged to have had an affair with President John F. Kennedy and his brother, Senator Robert Kennedy.
- Elizabeth Taylor. Taylor was possibly the most popular actress of the 1950's. She varied her hairstyle from short to long depending on the role. She was born in 1932 and is still living. She starred in "Father of the Bride," "Giant," "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," and "Father's Little Dividend" in the 1950's. She won an Academy Award for Best Actress for the 1960's films "Butterfield 8" and "Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf?".
- Sophia Loren. Loren was a sultry short-haired actress of the 1950's. Born in Italy in 1934, Loren is still living. She starred in numerous movies in the 1950's including "Two Nights with Cleopatra," "The Sign of Venus," "The Black Orchid," and "That Kind of Woman." She won many international awards for her roles in films and was nominated for Best Actress by the Academy Awards.
- Kim Novak. Novak was an actress in the 1950's. She sported short blonde hair and was born in 1933. She is still living and is an active artist. Novak was also a singer and model. In the 1950's, she starred in "Picnic," "Vertigo," and "Bell, Book, and Candle" among others. She won a Golden Globe award in 1955 for the Most Promising Newcomer-Female.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …