Every man should know the 5 best “300” movie quotes. It’s the ultimate guy film. Upon its release in 2007, “300” became an instant cultural phenomenon, thanks mostly to its intense action scenes and quotable dialogue. The movie “300” was adapted from Frank Miller’s graphic novel of the same name, telling a fictionalized account of the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC. During this epic and historically significant battle, Spartan King Leonidas leads 300 skilled soldiers against the massive Persian army. Grossly outnumbered but superiorly trained, the Spartan warriors hold their positions against the Persians’ nearly constant onslaught.
- King Leonidas: “This is Sparta!” The simplest of the five best “300” movie quotes, this line sums up the Spartans’ pride in just three words. After being insulted and threatened by a Persian messenger, Leonidas utters this memorable quote just before kicking the messenger into a pit.
- Persian: “A thousand nations of the Persian empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!” Stelios: “Then we will fight in the shade.” Staring down a Persian army that seemed to be limitless in number didn’t phase the Spartans. Stelios, the young, brash warrior in the “300” movie, said this memorable quote in the face of a Persian trying to convince the Spartans to surrender.
- King Leonidas: “The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed.” Xerxes, the Persian king, was a power-hungry tyrant who would stop at nothing to conquer Sparta. Leonidas knew how symbolic the Spartans’ defense was, and this “300” movie quote encapsulated their undying desire for freedom.
- Queen Gorgo: “Freedom isn't free at all, that it comes with the highest of costs. The cost of blood.” While her husband Leonidas was away at war with the Persians, Queen Gorgo stayed behind in Sparta, burdened with the cumbersome task of convincing the local government to send reinforcements to the 300 soldiers. This memorable “300” movie quote summarized the gut-wrenching sacrifices that the Spartans had to make in the name of freedom.
- King Leonidas: “Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty… For tonight, we dine in hell!” As the coolest of the five best “300” movie quotes, this is one of the most notable lines in the film. Faced with the extermination of his small but battle-hardened army at the hands of the massive Persian forces, Leonidas resigns his fate, much to the delight and single-minded dedication of his soldiers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.