These are 5 of the best '80s drug movies. Drug themed movies were often featured in the '80s and five in particular were especially good–so good that they could even be called the five best drug movies of the '80s. These five movies portray scenes filled with comedy, drama, romance and action that are centered around drugs. If you are interested in movies filled with all of that, plus more, here are five of the best '80's drug movies.
- "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" (1982) Stacy Hamilton and Mark Ratner are two sophomores searching for love and they are being helped by their older classmates, Linda Barret and Mike Damone. The film's center, Jeff Spicoli, is a stoner surfer who has a vendetta with Mr. Hand, a history teacher. Mr Hand is convinced everyone is on drugs.
- "Scarface" (1983) Cuban refugee, Tony Montana, builds a strong criminal empire with the help of his close friend, Manny Ray. After performing a few odd jobs, they get a start in Miami selling cocaine. Montana and Ray work their way to the top and Tony becomes head of a cocaine cartel, but the two men acquire some dangerous enemies along the way.
- "Lethal Weapon" (1987) A Los Angeles cop, Martin Riggs is paired up with another Los Angeles cop, Roger Murtaugh. Together, the two men uncover a large ring of drug smuggling. As the story goes on, Riggs and Murtaugh become friends and are faced with waging a two-man war against the uncovered drug operation.
- "Less Than Zero" (1987) An eighteen-year-old freshman, Clay, returns home to New Hampshire from his first term in college. He intends to spend Christmas vacation with his wealthy, broken family. Clay's ex-girlfriend, Blair, is now dating Clay's ex-best friend, Julian. Blair warns Clay about Julian's cocaine addiction and informs him that Julian needs help. This popular '80s film delivers a strong anti-drug message.
- "Drugstore Cowboy" (1989) Bob Hughes is the leader of a group of junkies who travel across the country and rob drug stores to get high. Hughes and his group consistently evade the law. Hughes eventually “goes straight” but finds out it is harder to extract himself from the lifestyle of a drug addict than he thinks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."