What are the 5 best action and adventure movies of the 2000's? The 5 movies listed here are certainly up for that distinction! All guarantee great action, story lines and big stars: a combination that proves a winning formula for all.
- The Bourne Identity. (2002) Based on the popular Robert Ludlum novel, this spy-thriller stars Matt Damon as an amnesiac CIA operative. Lots of mystery and action in this flick which was a big box-office success.
- The Perfect Storm. (2000) This is the perfect disaster movie. The movie chronicles the actual story of a swordfishing boat caught in the "storm of the century" in 1991. George Clooney stars as the swordfishing boat captain who makes the decision to go out in the storm and then has to deal with the consequences.
- The Last Samurai. (2003) Tom Cruise plays an American soldier in the Empire of Japan in 1876, He is hired by the Japanese emperor to train a modern Japanese army. This movie provides lots of action and adventure.
- Spy Game. (2001) Brad Pitt and Robert Redford give outstanding performances in this action/adventure thriller. The plot concerns a kidnapped CIA agent (Pitt) in the midst of trade negotiations between the US and China.
- Pirates of the Caribbean. Choose any of them: "Curse of the Black Pearl" , "Dead Man's Chest", "At World's End". All star Johnny Depp in a virtuoso performance as Captain Jack Sparrow. All provides lots and lots of action and adventure. This series was made in the 2000's.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.