There are some monster hits among the 5 best action movies 2006. If you did not see these action movies at the theater, rent them to see what you missed. The experience will not be quite the same as watching them in a theater, but if you have a solid home set-up you should be satisfied with the action.
- “Casino Royale.” Daniel Craig makes his first appearance as James Bond in this action movie. Craig gives a great performance and is convincing in the role of 007. The villains are top notch and the action is frenetic. If you are a Bond fan, this movie is one of the best in the entire series.
- “Miami Vice.” Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx star as Crockett and Tubbs in this movie based on the hit television series. Fans of the TV show may not like the movie as much as the series, but it has non-stop action and the acting is solid.
- “Fearless.”Jet Li stars in this 2006 action movie. If you like martial arts, this film is one to catch. Li as usual delivers a great performance and the special effects are brilliant.
- “Superman Returns.” Brandon Routh stars as the Man of Steel and Kate Bosworth is Lois Lane. The movie has great effects and Routh is solid as Superman. If you liked the old Superman movies or the comic book, rent this one to see how it stacks up.
- “Mission: Impossible III.” Tom Cruise returns for a third time as Ethan Hunt in this film. It is one of the best action movies of 2006 and is definitely worth renting. Even if you are not a fan of Cruise off-screen, his performance on screen is good enough to carry this action movie.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.