5 Best Adventure Movies Of 2008
We all love adventure films and these 5 best adventure movies of 2008 are here for your hopeful agreement that they rank among the "cream of the crop" that 2008 had to offer. The entertainment offered by adventure movies gets our adrenalin going and takes us to a different time and place to experience events and action moments that we would not otherwise be a part of.
- "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" brought an older Harrison Ford back in his beloved role of an archaeologist who, in this fourth installment, has to solve the mystery of artifacts called Crystal Skulls. Shia LaBeouf shines as Indiana Jones' protege and may become the new star of future Indiana Jones sequels. Will Harrison Ford then make appearances as Shia's sidekick?
- "Iron Man" now has a sequel, but he was introduced in 2008. Robert Downey, Jr. starred as a genius inventor as well as a billionaire industrialist. The high-tech suit that he builds is unbelievable and leads to a great many action scenes.
- "The Dark Knight" was yet another different story about Batman. The attempt of Batman to destroy organized crime is thwarted by The Joker. Does Batman become a hero or a vigilante? Heath Ledger's appearance in this film after his death added another dimension plus an Oscar nomination.
- "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was a remake of the original from 1951. Keanu Reeves is perfect as the alien who lands in a sphere in Central Park and proclaims that he wants to save the earth. But he doesn't say that he plans to save earth by destroying the human race. Special effects such as swirling spheres and raging storms add to the spectacle.
- "Australia" was set in northern Australia before World War II. Nicole Kidman plays an English aristocrat who inherited a large ranch. She teams up with a stock-man played by Hugh Jackman, who helps her to keep her property from being taken over. The action accelerates when they are on a drive with 1,500 cattle and are present when the Japanese forces bomb Darwin, Australia. The film is long at three hours, but there is much beautiful scenery to see as well as the two stars falling in love in the midst of all the action.