Looking for the 5 best album covers of all time? The cover art on an album is often a reflection of the direction of the album. They are often a direct extension of the message the music intends to portray. Over the years, cover art has become more and more creative. This prompted "Rolling Stone" to compile a collection of the 100 greatest album covers. These are a few of the album covers that can't be missed. This list is not just artistic. It is as controversial as the artists producing the music.
- Carly Simon “Playing Possum” This album cover was most certainly an eye turner. What makes this one of the five best album covers of all time is the obviously beautiful woman on the album. Clad in what appears to be a lace nightie, this album vixen is wearing leather knee-high boots. The sexual appeal of this album is intensified by the fact that she is on her knees. Her fists make her appear powerful, which is exactly what this album delivered.
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono “Unfinished Music Number 1: Two Virgins” The original cover art for this album's cover featured a completely nude Yoko Ono and John Lennon in all of their pubic glory. This album cover created such a stir that it was apprehended and banned in certain areas. John Lennon fans were truly treated to a complete view of John Lennon.
- Believer “Gabriel” This album features a surreal looking female demon appearing in a state of rest with eyes closed. Flowers and other images adorn her body. The cover art is complex yet simple. It is an excellent introduction to a great album, which makes it a great option for the five best album covers of all time.
- Jay-Z “The Blueprint 3” This album is truly artistic. Over a white background, a large variety of white instruments are stacked in a pile, as if to show the direction and inspiration for the music. There are three large horizontal lines on the front. This is one of the five best album covers because this cover is eye-catching and attractive.
- Jane's Addiction “Nothing Shocking” The album may have been entitled “Nothing Shocking” yet the album's cover art was indeed very shocking. It is one of the best albums of all time because it features two completely nude women sitting on a swing with their heads on fire. Their feet are crossed as if to imply that this is nothing shocking. The fact that the women are twins adds to the appeal of this album.
Everyone has their own list of five best album covers of all time. Each of the albums listed above feature originality. They are a true introduction to artists and their music.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.