The 5 best Amanda Peet movies showcase her talent and depth as an actress. She plays everything from a prostitute to a privileged, upper-class wife with a skill and charisma that has pegged her as one of Hollywood's rising stars.
- “Identity” (2003) In this Amanda Peet movie, Peet plays Paris, a former call girl trapped in a roadside motel with a group of stranger during a torrential rainstorm. One by one, everyone dies at the hands of an unseen, sleuth killer. Peet does a great job portraying the scared, conflicted character who’s trying to start over and leave her past behind.
- “The Whole Nine Yards” (2000) Playing Jill St. Claire, Peet shows her comic chops in this well-received comedic outing. A receptionist in a dentist’s office, St. Claire becomes infatuated with Bruce Willis’ Jimmy “The Tulip” Tudeski, a former mafia hitman living in witness protection next to Peet’s boss (played by Matthew Perry). Wanting to be a hitman like Jimmy, she falls under his tutelage and follows him everywhere he goes. One of the funniest and best Amanda Peet movies.
- “Syriana” (2005) This Amanda Peet movie is perhaps the most critically-acclaimed of them all. Peet plays Julie Woodman, wife to Bryan Woodman (played by Matt Damon). Peet shows her best dramatic skills as the wife and mother who loses her son to a freak accident. Together with Damon, they portray a devastated, grieving couple to near perfection.
- “Igby Goes Down” (2002) A great Amanda Peet movie that displays Peet’s range and ability to play quirky characters. In “Igby” she’s Rachel, a mistress to the title character’s godfather, D.H. (Jeff Goldblum). She’s also addicted to heroin and travels with underground artists in New York City. Her character is responsible for helping Igby escape the doldrums of school and his teenage existence, lighting up the screen with a vibrant and original performance.
- “Changing Lanes” (2002) One of the best Amanda Peet movies for the way Peet plays Cynthia, wife to Ben Affleck’s confused character Gavin. After Gavin cheats on Cynthia and is confronted with corruption in his office, Cynthia outs Gavin by admitting she knows about the affair and the unethical deal he’s being offered. Peet’s performance is nuanced and inspired, giving her character an emotional realism when it comes to the tough choices she must make.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.