Most of the 5 best Amy Adams movies show her doing what she does best: portraying cheerful, wide-eyed, and naïve characters. Amy Adams haphazardly fell into film, and has since her beginnings proven that she is no flash in the pan.
- “Enchanted” (2007). “Enchanted” is the Amy Adams movie that made her a household name. In the musical, she plays the formerly animated princess Giselle, who has been thrust into the bustling world of New York City. The film also features Idina Menzel, James Marsden, and stars Patrick Dempsey as Giselle’s love interest. This Amy Adams movie was a commercial and critical success, and received nominations at the Golden Globes and Academy Awards.
- “Doubt” (2008). The most serious Amy Adams movie on the list, “Doubt” is based on a Pulitzer Prize-winning play. The actress stars alongside powerhouses Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Amy Adams received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal of the young nun, Sister James.
- “Sunshine Cleaning” (2009). With perhaps the strangest premise of any Amy Adams movie, “Sunshine Cleaning” is about two sisters who start a business cleaning up crime scenes. At times comical, but consistently touching, the movie also features Emily Blunt and Alan Arkin.
- “Junebug” (2005). In her breakthrough role in this independent film, Amy Adams portrays sweet, good-natured, pregnant Ashley Johnsten. She received critical acclaim for her multi-faceted performance of what could have been a one-dimensional character. Amy Adams was nominated for an Oscar for the role.
- “Drop Dead Gorgeous” (1999). Even though Amy Adams only had a small role in this film about a beauty pageant, it is notable for being her feature film debut, and it’s also hilarious. The movie stars Kirsten Dunst, Kirstie Alley, Denise Richards, Brittany Murphy, and Ellen Barkin.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.