Knowing the 5 best "Anchorman" movie quotes will allow you to bust them out at parties, making you instantly cooler. "Anchorman" starring Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, and Steve Carell is chock full of hilarious and memorable movie quotes. The 2004 comedy, written by Ferrell and Adam McKay, is set in the 1970's and tells the story of San Diego’s premier anchorman, Ron Burgundy, and the hilarity that ensues when the all-male news team adds its first female anchor (Christina Applegate).
- "I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded." Steve Carell’s character, Brick Tamland, the station weatherman, brings us this amazing "Anchorman" quote. Once you hear him say this quote, you will forever want to tell people that you are likeable because you are polite and are rarely late, while inadvertently calling yourself mentally retarded. Smart move.
- "I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal." You've probably heard this "Anchorman" quote somewhere or seen it on a t-shirt and wondered where the quote came from. It comes straight from the Anchorman's mouth – Ron Burgundy. "I’m kind of a big deal" has become such a part of our cultural vernacular that it can easily be one of the most-used movie quotes ever.
- "I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker." Burgundy yells this disturbing yet hilarious quote at his make-up artist. What it lacks in political correctness, this next quote makes up for in pure comedic value.
- "The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show [kisses his biceps] and see if she likes the goods." Another pearl of wisdom from Ferrell’s character, Ron Burgundy. This "Anchorman" movie quote has also made its way to countless t-shirts favored by the collegiate set across the nation. Be sure to remember this classic quote next time you want to bag a classy lady!
- "I'm Ron Burgundy. You stay classy, San Diego." We’ve saved the best "Anchorman" movie quote for last. This is Burgundy’s signature newscast sign-off which leads to one of the movie’s funniest scenes when a prank is pulled on Burgundy who will say anything the teleprompter reads and this line is switched out for something decidedly less classy. So, in the words of Ron Burgundy, stay classy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.