Despite her high profile husband, this actress likes to stay out of the spotlight, but this list of the 5 best Annette Bening movies should remind fans why she’s a star. From her acclaimed role in “The Grifters” to her Oscar nominated turn in “Being Julia,” Bening is a risk taking actress who proves time and time again that she’s more than just Mrs. Warren Beatty.
- “The Grifters” Ms. Bening rose to prominence in this con artist film co-starring Anjelica Huston and John Cusack, which tops the list of five best Annette Bening movies. The edgy flick landed her first Oscar nomination for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
- “Bugsy” Not only did the mobster epic catapult her into the movie star stratosphere, it introduced her to Hollywood’s most infamous bachelor, Warren Beatty. The legendary lothario cast and directed Bening in the film and quickly made her his wife. Surely, that’s worthy of landing the film on the list of five best Annette Bening movies.
- “The American President” She isn’t really known for mainstream romantic comedies, but this one makes the list of five best Annette Bening movies. In the film, she falls for President Andrew Shepherd, played by Michael Douglas, and their love affair shakes up the Oval office in this sweet but sophisticated rom com.
- “Mars Attacks!” Many people dismissed Tim Burton’s 1996 sci-fi romp, “Mars Attacks!”, so it might be surprising to see it on the list of five best Annette Bening movies. But the film has taken on a cult status almost fourteen years later. Bening plays the recovering alcoholic wife to Jack Nicholson’s over-the-top Las Vegas real estate mogul.
- “American Beauty” Sam Mendes directed the actress in her most famous role on the list of five best Annette Bening movies, real estate agent Carolyn Burhman in “American Beauty.” Bening was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the film but lost to Hilary Swank for “Boys Don’t Cry.” Her family didn’t go home empty-handed from the ceremony though; her husband, Warren Beatty, took move the honorary Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award that year.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.