5 Best Anti-Aging Foods
These 5 best anti-aging foods will help you feel and look younger. Aging is a part of life, but staying fit and healthy as long as possible is the best alternative. The foods you eat have an impact on your health and how you look and feel. Eating right will pay off for years to come and give you vitality and energy to remain active, which will help you stay fit.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. The food pyramid tells us to eat five servings of fruits and vegetables each day. This may seem like a lot but when you see what the serving sizes are it makes eating these delicious foods easier. One-half cup of most fruits and vegetables is considered to be one serving. Eating blueberries is a great way to help slow the aging process. Spinach is another excellent choice to add to your diet.
- Eat enough protein. The human body needs protein for muscle development and to feel full and satisfied. Lean meats, skinless chicken, beans, seafood, and eggs are recommended along with low-fat dairy like yogurt and cheese. Yogurt is also helpful for gum and tooth health as well as aiding in digestion.
- Eat whole grains. Eating the right breads, cereals, and rice are important. Make sure they contain whole grains like whole wheat, brown rice, and oatmeal. These foods provide the needed fiber for your diet as well as aiding specifically in anti-aging by helping to prevent diabetes, colon disease and cancer, gum disease, and more.
- Eat oily fish. The omega-3 fatty acids in oily fish like tuna and salmon helps prevent the effects of aging. Omega-3 helps prevent inflammation. If fish is not a favorite or you just don't eat enough, try adding walnuts and ground flaxseed to your diet since these foods also are rich in fatty acids.
- Drink red wine. The health effects of red wine are from the antioxidants that reduce inflammation and protect arteries. One 5-ounce glass per day is recommended at the most. If red wine is not a favorite, studies have show coffee and tea offer some of the same benefits.