5 Best Arm Exercises
Of the 5 best arm exercises, even a few stand out. Yet, if you can master these five babies and manage to remember the weights you lift on them, your arms will make Lou Ferrigno cry. The best arm exercises aren't complicated, "extreme" workouts you only see in TV infomercials, they are commonplace in your local gym.
- The Bench Press. A favorite of both stat-hungry, bodybuilding hulks and novice kids in the gym alike, the bench press is a marker of strength and athletic prowess. Unlike other arm exercises, the flat bench press is something a fool can easily mess up. Loading up tons of weight on this tricep and chest killer is a sure way to hurt yourself.
- The Push-up. One of the more simplistic arm exercises, the push up focuses hard on your triceps and chest while giving a fair amount of attention to the core. Stabilizer muscles will have to fire up their engines to keep your body from falling over on its own weight.
- The Barbell/Dumbbell Curl. These arm exercises (collectively known as the "curls") will pump some pride straight to your biceps. Sit erect on a bench, pick up a sizable weight for your strength, and curl a good eight reps.
- Pull ups. Oh, you didn't think we would forget these arm exercises did you? Pull ups are key toward building excellent strength for your body size (as it requires you to lift all those Oreos from yesterday with merely your arms). Besides being excellent for biceps brachii, chest muscles and deltoids, the pull ups also get the back and lats working with incredible fury.
- Skull Crushers. Seriously. This behemoth will make your other arm exercises look like a yoga session. Lay down flat on your back on a bench. With an appropriate weight in hand, extend your arms straight up and begin moving the weights toward your forehead. Get ready for a tricep beat down!
The best arm exercises are tried-and-true movements that will build extreme bulk if used properly and consistently. Your arm exercises define your arms, so don't let them down!