5 Best Arm Strengthening Exercises
The 5 best arm strengthening exercises to help you become bigger and stronger all involve lifting weights. Whether you choose to use free weights or want to train with machines, you can increase your arm strength by sticking to a rigorous exercise program. If you can also add calories to your diet, that will help you to become stronger. Make sure to start slowly when you lift weights to prevent an injury from occurring.
- Dumbbell curls are one of the five best arm strengthening exercises. Use a weight that you can handle for eight to ten repetitions. Try to perform at least three sets of dumbbell curls, and maintain strict form during the movement. Lower the weight slowly on each repetition, to get the most out of the exercise.
- Barbell curls are another one of the more popular arm strengthening exercises. As with dumbbell curls, use a weight that allows you to do eight to ten repetitions for each of three sets. Try to perform the lift slowly, and stop about one inch short of your chest during the lift.
- Do some tricep extensions to increase your arm strength. You must not neglect your triceps if you want to increase your overall arm strength. Use a rope that attaches to a cable which lifts the plates during the exercise. Try not to perform the movement too fast, or you will decrease the effectiveness of the exercise.
- Preacher curls are another one of the five best arm strengthening exercises. This movement isolates the biceps and is performed using either a barbell or a dumbbell. Lay your arms on the preacher curl bench, and slowly lift the bar up toward your chin. As you lower the weight, be careful not to hyperextend your elbows or you may drop the weights off the end of the bench.
- Do some dips to blast your triceps. You can use your own bodyweight to increase your arm strength by performing several sets of dips. If you are able, strap some weights around your waist, which will increase the difficulty of the exercise and cause your triceps to work harder during the movement.