5 Best Audrey Tautou Movies
Diehard fans of the eclectic French hottie will easily recognize the 5 best Audrey Tatou movies. Audrey Tatou has the dark, delicate, pixie-ish looks of Audrey Hepburn, but some of her work reflects that she has the comedic timing of Katherine Hepburn. Although not yet the late great Kate, or the beloved Audrey (Hepburn), Audrey Tatou has made a bit of a name for herself in the film industry. What follows is a list of the 5 best Audrey Tatou movies.
- "Dirty Pretty Things" (2002) - Dark, seedy, and full of emotional scenes, "Dirty Pretty Things" is by far the grittiest of the 5 best Audrey Tatou movies. This independent film tells a tale of human desperation and the lengths an individual will go to when facing seemingly insurmountable odds.
- "Amelie" (2001) - This is the film that catapulted Audrey Tatou to fame. "Amelie" tells the story of a kind hearted, but isolated Parisian girl (Tatou) who decides to make the world better for the people in her life. "Amelie" is where we first fell in love with her, and it is near the top of the list for the 5 best Audrey Tatou movies.
- "Hors de prix" (2006) - Translated into English as "Priceless", "Hors de prix" is the French equivalent of Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961). With the heart of a gold-digger, Tatou flirts her way into the wallets of rich men via her timeless beauty and remarkable charm. A list of the 5 best Audrey Tatou movies would not be complete without the inclusion of "Hors de prix".
- "The Da Vinci Code" (2006) - This is perhaps the most mainstream of the 5 best Audrey Tatou movies. In "The Da Vinci Code", Tatou portrays a direct descendant of Jesus Christ alongside Tom Hanks' lead role. This film has probably gained her the most audience attention as it was a blockbuster hit.
- "A Very Long Engagement" (2004) - At first glance, it would appear that "A Very Long Engagement" is an average run-of-the-mill chick flick. A closer view will reveal that the film is actually an intense wartime drama set amidst the shadow of a poignant love story; this film is a must see for any Audrey Tatou fan, and it nicely rounds out the list of the 5 best Audrey Tatou movies.