While our list of the best bars and cocktail lounges near Penn Station is highly subjective, we’re pretty confident that we’re right on. After all, this isn’t an area of Manhattan known for its nightlife!
- Stitch Bar & Lounge Stitch boasts a very commuter-friendly vibe with a crowd that is comprised of half “bridge and tunnel” crowd types on their way home and half locals who happen to work in the midtown area, eager for a drink with their colleagues after clocking out. It boasts large screen plasma televisions blasting the current game. It gets our vote for the best bar and cocktail lounge near Penn Station.
- The Distinguished Wakamba Cocktail Lounge If you’re into dive bars, the Distinguished Wakamba Cocktail Lounge is for you. Though the prices remain resolutely mid-town, the atmosphere is total white trash, making it a fun place to slum it up while waiting for a bus or a train. For sheer ambience alone, the Distinguished Wakamba Cocktail Lounge makes our list of the best bars and cocktail lounges near Penn Station.
- Tír na nÓg Tír na nÓg is a traditional Irish pub located inside the station and is frequently cited in lists of the best bars and cocktail lounges in the surrounding area. They even serve Irish breakfasts here.
- Brother Jimmy’s With its southern style decor and ambience, Brother Jimmy’s makes our list of the best bar and cocktail lounges near Penn Station for one simple reason: margaritas served up in Mason jars. Yum!
- Tracks For sheer convenience, Tracks rounds out our list of the best bars and cocktail lounges near Penn Station. Located directly inside the station itself, Tracks is hardly ever crowded, meaning you can get your drink on right before boarding the train.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.