The five best New York City midtown bars mix class and fun in one locale. New York City mid-town bars offer a place to relax or kick your heels up and go a little crazy. When in New York City, and frankly especially in mid-town a good bar should be on everyone’s list. So the next time you are in New York City and wandering around mid-town or just punched the clock head down to one of these fine bars for a relaxing or wild tip of the glass.
- Slate Plus is in a class all its own, an elegant bar for some serious and impressive entertaining and a for sure relaxing atmosphere, which will bring out the hound in you. Fantastic drink menu and dance parties, a real fun time for those interested in some, sexy good times. Slate Plus: 54 West 21st St., NYC Midtown. (212) 989-0096
- Ava Penthouse Lounge is an upscale bar with striking and frankly unforgettable decor and presentation. A classy way to unwind or entertain the Ava penthouse is exquisite venue to lounge, unwind and entertain with panoramic views and an impressive list of fine wines and exotic beers. Ava Penthouse Lounge: 210 West 55th St., NYC Midtown. (212) 956-7020
- Latitude Bar and Grillis a fun spot for relaxing with friends and shooting some pool. Stylish bar with a great staff and bartenders a real friendly locale to forget the troubles of the day. There is always a good time to be had at Latitudes, no mater if pool, darts or just hanging out is your game. Latitude Bar and Grill: 783 8TH Ave., NYC Midtown. (212) 245-3034
- Jekyll and Hyde offers beer from around the globe coupled with wicked and spooky entertainment. This is a definite visit in mid-town whether you just got off work or are touring the sights. Massively entertaining with a bottomless offering of the best brews and fine food makes this a fun place to unwind. Jekyll and Hyde: 91 7th Ave S, NYC Midtown. (212) 989-7701
- Brother Jimmie’s is a hometown feel of a bar that will get you feeling like you are at home with family. Fantastic eats and thirst quenching booze to dull the senses. This is a definite fun spot for those a little more into down home bar atmosphere versus the more upscale or activity driven bars. Brother Jimmie’s 544 W 27th St., NYC Midtown. (212) 501-7515
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.