5 Best Beer Bars in Philadelphia
It’s no secret, Philly folk can throw a few back, but what is not well known are that the 5 best beer bars in Philadelphia are some of the best in the country. Here are the top beer bars in the city that offer only the best domestic, local, international beers bottled and hand-tapped.
- Tria- A wine, cheese and beer café known for their well-chosen pairings. Not a connoisseur or those subjects? No worries, Tria has a well-educated staff schooled at their own Fermentation School located at 1601 Walnut Street. Classes are open to everyone. Tria has one of the best beer lists in the city and offer half off select beers on Sunday. Two locations: Rittenhouse Square 18th and Sansom & Washington Square West 12th and Spruce.
- Monks Café- Voted "Top 10 Places in the World to Have a Beer Before You Die" by “All About Beer Magazine.” Monks has the finest selection of Belgian beers you can find. Beers are carefully chosen from breweries worldwide. Location: 626 S 16th and Spruce
- Grey Lodge Pub- Ranked by “Beer Advocate” as one of the top 50 beer bars in the USA and “one of the best beer bars in the world” by “RateBeer”, Grey Lodge offers microbrews found locally and are always hand-tapped. The selection is ever changing and no less then 25 different beers are always at the ready. Location: 6235 Frankford Ave. Northeast Philadelphia
- Eulogy Belgian Tavern-21 beers on tap and 300 international and domestic bottled beers are offered up at Eulogy Belgian Tavern everyday. You can find Eulogy Belgian Tavern in the Old City section of Philadelphia, which is the perfect spot for this old world bar. The bartenders are well versed in the beer menu and the glassware is well matched to the beers that are served. Location: 136 Chestnut Street, Old City
- Standard Tap-Located in the artist haven of Philadelphia Northern Liberties, Standard Tap is known for it’s eccentric clientele and its top notch locally brewed draft beer selection. Standard Tap prides itself on supporting the Mid-Atlantic local brewers and farmers. Location: 2nd and Poplar in the Northern Liberties