When looking for the 5 best beginner surfing spots in San Diego, you have to include La Jolla. Sand Diego and its adjoining surfing community of La Jolla offer some of the best surfing in the state, let alone in the San Diego area. The San Diego area offers a few choice spots for beginner surfers to learn to shred. These beaches offer plenty of sand and calmer surf and make up the best beginner surfing spots in the San Diego area.
- La Jolla Shores. This area is a fun spot filled with eager-to-learn surfers and a very pleasant crowd. This one-mile strip of beach is a beautiful aquatic adventure spot for water enthusiast and those just wanting to soak up a few rays. La Jolla Shores: 8200 Camino del Oro, La Jolla, California 92037.
- Hairmos. This beautiful setting is one-hundred percent California. This surfing spot has breathtaking marina views and, more importantly, is a hub for beginning surfers. Low wave swells with a moderate break make this area ideal. Hairmos: Tourmaline St., La Jolla, California 92109.
- Calumet Beach Park. This surfing spot, along the old sewer line, offers low wave output with minimal riptide. It is set in a boardwalk environment with plenty to do once you put your board up for the day. Calumet Beach Park: 5424 Calumet Road, La Jolla, California 92037.
- Hannamonds Rockpile. This surfing spot offers noninvasive wave swells just off Calumet Beach Park, a serene hotspot for novice surfers learning their way around the surf atop moderate four to five foot swells. Hannamonds Rockpile: 5460 Calumet Road, La Jolla, California 92037.
- Pacific Beach Point. This beginner surfing spot offers the best surfing during the winter months but is a perfect reef-exposed surfing area for beginners. It is one of the more popular beaches overall in the San Diego area, too. Pacific Beach Point: 949 Turquoise St., San Diego, California 92109.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.