The 5 best Berkeley luxury hotels are great places to relax and unwind after crazy days in Berkeley. Berkeley does not have a large quantity of luxury hotels, as there aren't giant, 30-story hotels in the city like there are in nearby San Francisco. If you want luxury hotels in Berkeley, you can choose from a selection that is small in quantity yet large on the luxury scale.
- The Claremont Hotel Resort and Spa. This hotel is high in the Berkeley hills and is the perfect destination for people who love luxury hotels. The majestic, white Claremont Hotel is a major landmark in Berkeley and it is truly luxurious with its fine ballroom, spa, pool and tennis courts. Movies like "Mrs. Doubtfire" have been filmed at the Claremont and it continues to be a beautiful sight. The Claremont Hotel Resort and Spa: 41 Tunnel Rd. Berkeley, CA 94705.
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza. If you want to be closer to the many eccentric shops and restaurants that Berkeley has to offer, consider the Hotel Shattuck Plaza. This luxury hotel has lavish furnishings and ballrooms and is conveniently located by the Downtown Berkeley BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) station, which can take you all over the Bay Area. It is also a certified green property. Hotel Shattuck Plaza: 2086 Allston Wy. Berkeley, CA 94704.
- Hotel Durant. This boutique, luxury hotel near UC Berkeley is a modern and green certified structure with a Berkeley vibe. The hotel features an onsite gastropub called Henry's and it is close to many other restaurants, shops and sights in the city. Hotel Durant: 2600 Durant Ave. Berkeley, CA 94704.
- Double Tree Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Berkeley Marina. If you like water and boating, you will love the Double Tree Hotel at the Berkeley Marina. This luxury hotel features a beautiful view of the San Francisco skyline and many luxurious amenities. It has an indoor pool, fitness center, spa, sauna and tennis courts. Double Tree Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Berkeley Marina: 200 Marina Blvd. Berkeley, CA 94710.
- Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge. While this luxury hotel is technically in nearby Emeryville, it is very close to Berkeley. This hotel provides convenience and luxury without the crowded feel of Berkeley. Emeryville also features many nice shops and areas, so it can be a nice place to visit in addition to Berkeley. Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge: 1800 Powell St. Emeryville, CA 94608.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.