5 Best 'Beverly Hills 90210' Season 6 Moments
As with any TV show, including “Beverly Hills 90210,” trying to pick out the 5 best Season 6 Beverly Hills moments, or just the five best moments, period, is going to be a matter of opinion. As soon as more than one person reads this article, questions like: “What about the episode where Kelly almost got raped?” or “What about the episode where Steve and Dylan fight?” will echo through the air.
So, with that in mind, here are what I consider the 5 best Season 6 Beverly Hills moments. If you don’t agree, that’s fine. It’s all in fun, anyway.
- Dylan gets married. In the first of the best Season 6 Beverly Hills moments, Dylan meets Antonia, who later becomes his fiancee when he is looking for his father’s killer and instead finds her “mobbed-up” father, who is supposed to know what happened with Dylan’s dad. Dylan falls for Antonia and asks her to marry him. However, on the day before the wedding, a “hit” on Dylan goes seriously wrong and instead it is Antonia who is killed. Heartbroken, Dylan decides to leave Beverly Hills, and does.
- Brandon lets his house be used for a porno film set. Susan, his current girlfriend, at first thinks his cleanliness is a little over-the-top, but then actually finds herself getting turned on by it. Aren’t porno films supposed to get a little “messy”, though? It was fun to see this hidden side of Brandon that Susan was able to bring out in him. This is the most light-hearted of the best Season 6 Beverly Hills moments, giving viewers a little break from all the heavy drama.
- Kelly gets hooked on cocaine, thanks to Colin, her new boyfriend, as well as a visit with her dad. While trying to keep the Peach Pit After Dark from being taken in lieu of Colin’s jumping bail, she goes looking for his dealer and almost gets raped. Susan and Brandon come to the rescue, and get her into rehab. She kicks her habit, but not before almost getting her butt kicked by her crazy roommate at the rehab center. Kelly was always “pushing the envelope”, but this time she almost pushed it too far. But, I guess that’s what made this episode one of the best Season 6 Beverly Hills moments.
- Donna’s boyfriend gets violent. Donna was always the innocent one, so seeing her get into an abusive relationship may have been a little hard to watch, but it still made for one of the best Season 6 Beverly Hills moments. In fact, watching anyone get into an abusive relationship is hard to watch. For some people, it just hits too close to home, even if it does have a “happy ending” (she LEAVES the loser!)
- Valerie gets sexually harassed. This is another situation that can sometimes resurrect old feelings or even mimic a viewer’s current situation. In Valerie’s case, she is reluctant to speak up against the professor doing the harassing, because everyone had learned a little bit about her past, which including some thievery and lying. Sexual harassment, however, should be faced with the same attitude as rape: No matter what the circumstances, or what you’ve done, no one deserves to have it happen to them. The show handles this storyline very well, making it the last of the 5 best Season 6 Beverly Hills moments.