5 Best Bike Chain Locks
Do you want to know about the best bike chain locks? If you live in a high-crime area or simply want protection from theft, these locks offer maximum protection. You can rest knowing that these locks will prevent theft of your bike. They prove their toughness in the streets of New York against the toughest crooks.
- Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit U-lock. The Kryptonite New York U-lock is about the toughest bike chain locks you can find on the market. This lock toughs it out in the streets of New York with 18mm of hardened steel. The steel resists bolt cutters and other attacks. The sleeve stretches across the crossbar for added security. Kryptonite has a double deadbolt and disc-style cylinder for higher security. In a recent study, users found that Kryptonite would take a would-be thief almost an hour to cut through the steel shackle.
- OnGuard Brute STD U-lock. Customers know the OnGuard Brute as a powerful ally against crime and theft. The 16.8 mm steel shackles resist bolt cutters and pry bars. This one brand of bike chain locks comes with a Quattro mechanism and protection pins at both ends of the shackles. This creates a double-lock feature that resists ten tons of pulling force. Users find the M-Cylinder lock easier to use and secure.
- Kryptonite New York Chain with EV Disc Lock. Kryptonite makes easy to use locks that will protect your bike. The New York Chain with EV Disc comes with a U-lock that holds the chain together at the ends. This one of the best bike chain locks offers 10mm with four sides. The chain comes made with heat-treated boron manganese steel. The width of the links thwarts attacks. The disc lock is 14mm of hardened steel shackles. The disc comes with a double deadbolt locking mechanism.
- OnGuard Beast. The Beast weights a heavy ten pounds, but prevents theft of your bike. The 12mm links resist bolt cutters and hacksaws. It comes with and without a lock. The OnGuard Beast offers protection as one of the best bike chain locks in high-crime areas. The Beast offers steel linked chains and titanium reinforcements. Many customers give the Beast five star ratings for its protection.
- OnGuard Bulldog MINI DT 5015TC U-Lock. The mini Bulldog weighs less than two pounds. It provides users a double bolt locking mechanism. This brand of bike chain locks supplies strength and locks the crossbar to the shackle on both sides. The shackles come with 13mm of hardened steel to resist bolt cutters. The lock helps by providing a lighter weight lock for short trips compared to the heavier models.