Take a trip way back to 1995 with the 5 best quotes from "Billy Madison." Famous for putting Adam Sandler on the map as a bona fide comedy film lead (although panned by critics), audiences made the film a cult classic thanks to Sandler's performance and the script's ridiculous one-liners.
- "O'Doyle, I've got a feeling your whole family's going down." – Billy Madison. Billy makes this statement in response to the famous line, "O'Doyle rules!" as spoken by every member of the extremely irritating O'Doyle family. Of course, Billy proves prophetic when the O'Doyle family car flies off a cliff to the cheers of crowds.
- "T-T-T-TODAY JUNIOR!" – Billy Madison. Billy says this to a child struggling to read in the third grade. The teacher, Billy's eventual love interest Veronica, takes great offense to this and drags Billy out of the classroom by his ear as he cries. One of the highlights of Billy's return to early education, a section packed with some of the best quotes in Billy Madison.
- "Well, I made the duck blue because I'd never seen a blue duck before and I wanted to see one." – Billy Madison. Billy, showing off to the teacher, Miss Lippy, in kindergarten. His lovely blue duck gains him acceptance into the first grade and he is quite proud of himself. Adam Sandler playing naive at his very best.
- "Ooh that boy's a fine piece of work all right. He's a fine piece of ass though, too." – Juanita. The Madison family housekeeper Juanita says this about Billy after he leaves the room, one of many sexual harassment she makes to him. The relationship between the sexually-charged Juanita and the developmentally-arrested Billy is one of the film's highlights.
- "I am the smartest man alive!" – Billy Madison. Billy shouts this after correctly spelling the word couch and completing the second grade. Having started to hit his stride, his confidence in himself and his brain is at an all-time high. This is one of the best quotes representing the brazen side to Billy, a trait Sandler made truly endearing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?