If you love contemporary music, you should know the 5 best black women singers in 2010. Beside having beautiful looks, these singers are also very talented with their stunning vocals. The following is a list of the five best black women singers of 2010.
- Alicia Keys Keys has been a famous R&B, soul and pop singer since 1997. In 2010, besides being nominated for multiple music awards, Keys actually won some of these awards. She is the winner of two BET Awards: Best Female R&B Artist and Best Collaboration for "Empire State of Mind." Keys has been nominated for Best International Female Singer for the NRJ Awards and Best R&B Artist for the People's Choice Awards.
- Nicki Minaj Minaj begins her singing career in 2004 and she has been doing an excellent job in 2010. In fact, she won four BET Awards for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist, Best New Artist, Best Group (Young Money) and Best New Artist (Young Money). She is also the nominee for Choice Breakout Artist (Female) for the Teen Choice Awards and Best New Artist for the song "Massive Attack" at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- Beyonce Knowles Just like Keys, Knowles is another well-known R&B, soul and pop singer. In 2010, Beyonce won multiple Grammy Awards for Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance for "At Last," Best Pop Female Vocal Performance for "Halo," Best Contemporary R&B Album for "I Am…Sasha Fierce," Best Female R&B Vocal Performance and Best R&B Song for "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)."
- Rihanna Although Rihanna is only 22-years-old, she has known to be an awesome R&B, hip-hop and pop singer. In 2010, she won two Grammy Awards: Best Rap/Sung Collaboration and Best Rap Song for "Run This Town." She is also the winner of a BET Viewer's Choice Award for "Hard." Rihanna's resume also comes with some nominations, such as BET Awards and Barbados Music Awards for Pop/Rock/Alternative Artist of the Year and Entertainer of the Year.
- Keri Hilson Hilson is an R&B singer-songwriter and she has been in the music business for about nine years. Although she only has two albums available, she has been a nominee and winner of different music awards since 2007. In 2010, Hilson has been nominated for two Grammy Awards: Best New Artist and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for "Knock You Down." At the same time, she has successfully won this new title on her resume: NAACP Image Awards for "Outstanding New Artist."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.