Picking the 5 best bluegrass albums of all time can be difficult because there are so many to choose from. Bluegrass music is an American roots music that is considered a subcategory of country music. The best bluegrass albums utilize the traditional instruments such as banjo, fiddle and guitar. Some are more traditional and others have a more modern bluegrass feel. Once you are aware of some of the best bluegrass albums available you can decide which to add to your music collection.
- "The Grass is Blue" by Dolly Parton is one of the best bluegrass albums. This melodious and soothing album was released in 1999, many critics consider it one of her best albums to date.
- "The King of Bluegrass" is a compilation of Jimmy Martin's greatest hits. Martin has long been considered the "King" of the genre so this album is perfect for anyone wants to listen to a classic bluegrass album.
- "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" is the soundtrack from the 2000 movie with the same title. It featured various artist selling more than 2 million copies and bringing throngs of new listeners to bluegrass music.
- "20th Century Masters – The Millennium Collection: The Best of Bill Monroe" is a must have bluegrass album. Bill Monroe is largely consider the father of bluegrass music and this 1999 album is a collection of the best recordings from his career.
- "The Storm Still Rages" by Rhonda Vincent is a great contemporary bluegrass album. This 2001 album features Rhonda Vincentand host of supporting musicians honoring bluegrass classic with a contemporary spin.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …