The five best body surfing beaches on East Coast are spread up and down the Atlantic, giving numerous people opportunities to get out and have some fun in the water. Each has a constant supply of prime waves that will make anyone want to come back for more. The following are the five best body surfing beaches on the East Coast.
- Cape Hatteras, NC: This spot on Hatteras Island of North Carolina's Outer Banks is unbeatable. The waves are always nice, especially in the southern towns on the island, such as Buxton and Frisco. Come here in the summer for the best weather.
- Montauk, NY: Located at the northern end of Long Island, Montauk has great waves that are perfect for body surfing. All that you have to do to experience some of the best body surfing is plan a getaway to Montauk's beaches, and all you need to bring is yourself.
- Ocean City, NJ: This spot on New Jersey's Atlantic coast also has some great waves for body surfing in summer. Just swim on out, and be prepared to body surf in on the long, constant waves found at Ocean City's beaches.
- New Smyrna Beach, FL: Florida's beaches have warmer waters year round. When it is too cold to go to any of your usual, more northern spots, hit up New Smyrna Beach for great waves in fall, winter and spring. Be sure to bring plenty of sun block here, even if you're hitting the beach in the offseason.
- Kill Devil Hills, NC: Located near Nags Head in the Northern Outer Banks, the water is very different here than it is in Hatteras. When winds are up, great waves for body surfing are easily accessible to visitors in coastal North Carolina.
The above five best body surfing beaches on the East Coast are great places to visit. Not only are waves perfect for swimming and surfing at these spots, but there are numerous other activities to do in each area as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …