These 5 best bouldering shoes are for the man who lives on the edge. Bouldering takes climbing to a whole new level. You don't use any type of equipment except for your sheer strength and skill. The best bouldering shoes are light-weight and perfect for keeping the feet balanced. They have an asymmetrical shape that is both flexible and sturdy. Check out these bouldering shoes for your next rock climbing adventure.
- Five Ten Anasazi Lace-Up V2 Climbing Shoe: These bouldering shoes are the improved version of the original Anasazi model. They have a better fitting heel, slip proof sole and slimmer look. The Five Ten also has a medium asymmetrical curvature. The standard lacing makes putting and keeping them on a snap.
- Evolv Pontas Climbing Shoe: The Evolv has a cotton fiber lining and high asymmetrical curvature. The hook and loop lacing replaced the standard lacing found in most bouldering shoes. Evolv is made of a stretch resistant synthetic material and TRAX XT-5 sole. This type of sole gives you better traction and grip on slippery climbs.
- La Sportiva Scorpion Climbing Shoe: La Sportiva are cheaper bouldering shoes. They are great if you're a new climber or on a tight budget. This model doesn't have a lining within the shoe, but it is made of synthetic leather and regular leather. The sole is made of rubber. It's designed for tighter holds and grips.
- Scarpa Veloce Climbing Shoe Vibram XS Edge: The Scarpa Veloce is perfect for all types of climbing, including bouldering. The suede material is comfortable on the feet and the hook and loop lace is widely spaced for more support. You might be interested in the Scarpa Vapor V, Force or Feroce models as well.
- Millet Hybrid Climbing Shoe: The Millet Hybrid is a versatile bouldering shoe. It works well on many types of climbing surfaces, including gyms. It's made of suede and leather material. The super sticky sole is made of 4PointGrip rubber. Millet's known for having lower wear and tear than most shoes. Other features include an unlined upper, padded ankle collar and tongue.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …