Here are five of the best bourbon cocktails. Unlike most liquors, Bourbon didn’t start out as a cocktail base, but it has held its own over the years. Check out some of the best examples.
- Kentucky B + B One of the simplest bourbon cocktails you’ll ever make. Just pour bourbon and Benedictine into a glass and stir. It’s the perfect cocktail to sit and enjoy in a dark gentlemen or ladies only club while you're comfy in a huge leather chair.
- Bourbon Sour A traditional bourbon cocktail and one of the most popular. It’s also easy to make, just mix bourbon, lemon juice, and some superfine sugar and serve. It’s one of those hard-to-find good sours among cocktails, and one of the classics.
- Rebel Yell A classic bourbon cocktail from the Deep South. It’s bourbon, lemon juice, Triple Sec, and an egg white mixed in a shaker and poured over new ice. A good drink for those weekend poker games and parties that can get rowdy.
- Ragged Company A relatively lesser-known bourbon cocktail, but still a definite must. Just mix bourbon, Sweet Vermouth, Benedictine, and bitters and pour. Though its name conjures images marching soldiers for some, it’s still a drink to relax with.
- Louisville Cooler For those summer afternoons, mix bourbon, orange juice, lime juice, and powered sugar over ice—a great substitute for lemonade. Also a pleasant drink to enjoy while watching your favorite horse round the race track.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.