Here are five of the best bourbon cocktails. Unlike most liquors, Bourbon didn’t start out as a cocktail base, but it has held its own over the years. Check out some of the best examples.
- Kentucky B + B One of the simplest bourbon cocktails you’ll ever make. Just pour bourbon and Benedictine into a glass and stir. It’s the perfect cocktail to sit and enjoy in a dark gentlemen or ladies only club while you're comfy in a huge leather chair.
- Bourbon Sour A traditional bourbon cocktail and one of the most popular. It’s also easy to make, just mix bourbon, lemon juice, and some superfine sugar and serve. It’s one of those hard-to-find good sours among cocktails, and one of the classics.
- Rebel Yell A classic bourbon cocktail from the Deep South. It’s bourbon, lemon juice, Triple Sec, and an egg white mixed in a shaker and poured over new ice. A good drink for those weekend poker games and parties that can get rowdy.
- Ragged Company A relatively lesser-known bourbon cocktail, but still a definite must. Just mix bourbon, Sweet Vermouth, Benedictine, and bitters and pour. Though its name conjures images marching soldiers for some, it’s still a drink to relax with.
- Louisville Cooler For those summer afternoons, mix bourbon, orange juice, lime juice, and powered sugar over ice—a great substitute for lemonade. Also a pleasant drink to enjoy while watching your favorite horse round the race track.
Toast the new football season with this classic tailgating drink, which gets an extra kick from brown booze. By Emily Fa ...
The Bulleit Bourbon BLT is made with bourbon, a lemon wedge, and some tonic water. Hence, the name. No word ...
In our first edition of the Cheat Sheet, learn the essentials about the brown spirit. Ice or no ice? What's the differen ...