If you need to know about telemark ski gear, learn about the five best brands of telemark ski gear. If you are new to telemark skiing, you will need telemark skis, boots, bindings and poles. Generally speaking, you will want to go with wider skis and soft ski boots; this combination will promote carving characteristic of telemark skiing. Here are the five best brands of telemark ski gear:
- Black Diamond. Black Diamond makes quality telemark skis. Some of their best telemark skis include the havoc, the verdict and the velvet. These Black diamond skis are all made with a wood core and are higher end skis which would benefit technically experienced skiers. The extra money you are spending for the torsional flex is less important for a beginning skier.
- K2. K2 makes a variety of telemark skis ranging from mid to high priced. K2 skis are made with bamboo at the core and are lightweight. K2 telemark ski gear is made for performance and recreational skiers. All K2 telemark skis are "mid-fat" width. "Mid-fat" width skis are 80 to 85 mm at the waist. These telemark skis are ideal for all-mountain telemark skiing.
- Scarpa. Scarpa is one of the best makers of telemark ski gear. Scarpa makes high performance telemark ski boots. These boots are on the "cutting edge" of telemark ski gear design. Many Scarpa boots even allow you to hike up a mountain in them. This is ideal if you plan to combine telemark skiing with rock climbing.
- G3. G3 telemark ski gear is for the serious back-country skier. G3 makes much more than quality telemark skis, such as the hombre and the tonic. G3 also makes bindings, skins and avalanche probes. G3 is the best telemark ski gear if you do a lot of back-country telemark skiing where you could be in danger of avalanches or cliffs.
- Stoic. Stoic is a best brand of telemark ski gear. Stoic creates unique jackets, shirts, gloves and hats for telemark or back-country skiing. Stoic products are tested and reviewed by telemark skier magazines' reviewers. Stoic products are designed for all day comfort and and dryness. Stoic telemark gear can easily be layered.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.