To make the list of the 5 best Brat Pack movies, a film has to feature at least two members of the Brat Pack. It’s hard to define what makes a member, but widely accepted members include Molly Ringwald, Emilio Estevez, Andrew McCarthy, Judd Nelson, Demi Moore, Ally Sheedy, Anthony Michael Hall, and Rob Lowe.
- “The Breakfast Club” (1985). One of the defining movies for the Brat Pack, “The Breakfast Club” featured five of them: Molly, Judd, Andrew, Ally, and Anthony. This John Hughes classic has had widespread influence in pop culture and the way “coming of age” movies are made today.
- “St. Elmo’s Fire” (1985). Featuring six of the eight members, this Brat Pack movie follows a group of friends who have just graduated from college and are dealing with becoming adults.
- “Sixteen Candles” (1984). In this Brat Pack movie by John Hughes, Molly Ringwald plays a girl whose entire family forgets her sixteenth birthday. Anthony Michael Hall plays the super-nerdy freshman guy who wants to get into her pants.
- “Pretty In Pink” (1986). This is the third John Hughes film starring Molly Ringwald to make the list. Andrew McCarthy plays her wealthy, preppy love interest, Blane McDonough.
- “The Outsiders” (1983). This Brat Pack movie is an adaptation of the 1967 S.E. Hinton novel. It features Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez, and numerous other male actors who were working their way up the ranks in the 1980s. The cast includes Matt Dillon, Tom Cruise, Ralph Macchio, C. Thomas Howell, and Patrick Swayze.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.