The 5 best Cabo surf hotels are scattered along the Southern-most region of the Baja Peninsula, where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. The waters along this coastal area serve up some phenomenal waves. For the avid surfer, this alone draws many locals and travelers to this region of Mexico.
- One and Only Palmilla. Located on the Sea of Cortez and the Blue Coast Beach, the One and Only Palmilla features luxury accommodations, in a tropical oasis-like setting. Guests can enjoy this best Cabo surf hotel's infinity-edged pools, or wander down to the beach and go for a swim in the calm Cortez waters. Venture out farther into the sea and join local surfers as they try to catch the waves. The local surf shop, Costa Azul, offers surf rentals including boards and wetsuits. There are also instructors available for a variety of lessons. One and Only Palmilla Resort, Km 7.5 Carretera Transpeninsular, San Jose Del Cabo, BCS, CP 23400 Mexico, 866-829-2977.
- Cabo Surf Hotel. Located on Cabo's best surfing beach, Playa Acapulquito, the Cabo Surf Hotel offers comfortable accommodations and a surf shop. Rent surfing gear from the on-site surf shop, or sign up for lessons with the hotel's experience instructors. This Cabo surfing beach is not as crowded as some, and local instructors find it easier to teach beginners. Just outside this Cabo surf hotel is a popular restaurant which serves a variety of Mexican and American seafood dishes. San Jose del Cabo, B.C.S. Playa Acapulquito, Km. 28, 858-964-5117.
- Cabo Azul Resort. Located on another popular surfing beach, the Cabo Azul Resort is within walking distance to both the Zippers and La Roca surf breaks. These are two of the most recommended surf locations along the Cabo coast. This five best Cabo surf hotel works with the local surf shop to supply guests of their hotel with surfing gear, boards and lessons. The beach here, called the Playa Costa Azul, sits along the Sea of Cortez. Inland waters are calm enough for swimming, but head out a few hundred feet, and this is surf territory only. Cabo Azul Resort and Spa, Paseo Malecon S/N, Lote 11 Fonatur, San Jose del Cabo, B.C.S. Mexico C.P. 23400, 011-52-624-163-5100.
- Marquis Los Cabos. A luxury hotel and spa overlooking the Sea of Cortez, the Marquis Los Cabos is the perfect getaway destination. There are a variety of watersports available including surfing, surf-fishing, swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving. This Cabo surf hotel offers surf and turf packages where you can surf part of the day at the local beach, just steps from your hotel room, and then wind down with a few rounds of golf at the nearby Cabo del Sol golf course. Experts are available on-site at both recreational areas to assist with surfing or swing techniques. Marquis Los Cabos Hotel, Carr Transpeninsular Km 21.5, Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico 23400, 877-238-9399.
- Pueblo Bonito Resort. Located near the Playa Costa Azul beaches, the Pueblo Bonito Resort is a beachfront community known for its pampering accommodations. Guests can engage in a number of activities including surfing, wind surfing, golfing, scuba diving and swimming. The primary local surf spots are La Roca and Zippers, and the nearby surf shop offers lessons and rentals to guests of the Pueblo Bonito. Surfing competitions take place at these infamous break points every year, so be ready to get wet from these hammering waves. Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, Playa El Médano S/N, Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S, México, 23410, 800-990-8250.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …