Need to know the five best cameras for animation? Many within the animation industry begin by gaining experience creating stop-motion capture animation. The novice stop-motion animation creator can access many creative tools with these five best cameras for animation. Just remember, when purchasing always make sure firmware is updated and software is compatible to work with the newer model DSLR cameras.
- The Canon Rebel XS 10.1 MP DSLR. When venturing into stop-motion animation film making as more than just a hobby, the Canon Rebel XS 10.1 MP DSLR camera is an excellent choice for a starter camera that will provide quality function without breaking the novice’s bank. This affordable DSLR offers 10.1 MP, Live View Function, a 2.5 inch LCD display and Canon’s EF-S lens system. This is for the creator who has moved beyond the limits of hobbyist ease, but who is not yet ready to make the larger investment that a high-end professional DSLR camera will require.
- The Sony Alpha 200W 10.2 MP DSLR. Another good DSLR camera available to stop-motion animation creators is the Sony Alpha 200W 10.2 MP. Sony has done a great job by giving it a better than average lithium-ion battery for extended power source life, their own Bionz image processor and interchangeable 18-70mm/75-300mm lenses included with the starting camera kit.
- The Nikon D5000 12.3 MP DSLR camera. With 12.3 MP capture resolution capability and CMOS image sensor technology, the Nikon D5000 DSLR camera offers photo quality with depth and clarity. Live View AF, D-Movie mode with sound, moveable 2.7 inch LCD viewfinder and an 18-55 mm VR lens are some of the product features that make this one of the five best cameras for animation.
- The Pentax K2000 10.2 MP DSLR. This is another great entry level DSLR camera for the novice stop-motion capture animation film maker. Pentax has engineered a very light DSLR camera with a bright 2.7 inch viewfinder that does not have the common problem of shadowing. An 18-55 mm lens and great exposure control make this a good choice for the new stop-motion animation creator.
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21.1 MP. This beautiful DSLR camera with CMOS sensor technology and DIGIC four-image processor reigns high upon Canon’s professional level offering list. With 21.1 megapixels of optical sensor resolution and a stunning high definition video capture system with HDMI output makes this a powerful creative weapon in any serious professional stop-motion animation film maker’s arsenal. This is a great high performance DSLR camera.