If you’re looking for the 5 best cameras for fashion photography, you can find great options for any price range or experience level. Photographing fashion and models requires stunning color, precise clarity, and unparalleled focus. Each of the digital cameras listed below will deliver what you need to capture breathtaking fashion shots.
- Olympus PEN EP-1 At around $600, the Olympus EP-1 is the most affordable option on the list, but don’t discredit its power. A great place to start for beginning fashion photography, the EP-1 offers 12.3 megapixels of precision in an unbelievably small size. With less than an inch and half of depth, you’ll be getting the power of a DSLR in a package that can fit in your pocket. Professionals will be looking for something more substantial, but for the avid amateur, the Olympus EP-1 is one of the best cameras for fashion photography.
- Samsung NX10 Another great choice for beginning and amateur fashion photographers, the Samsung NX10 packs a punch. With the built-in Beauty Shot system, faces come out clear and precise in any setting and from any angle. With an extra-large image sensor that performs beautifully in dim lighting and an extra-bright view screen to let you see your shot in direct sunlight, the NX10 is ready and able to handle any outdoor fashion photography shoots you throw at it.
- Nikon D3x Moving on to more high-end cameras for fashion photography, the Nikon D3x boasts a price tag around $7500 but offers performance to match the cost. With 24.5 megapixel resolution, this camera will quickly help you distinguish yourself as a serious professional fashion photographer. Using 3D Autofocus tracking technology, the D3x will effortlessly give you perfect precision and clarity on all kinds of shots. Another feature that makes it one of the best for fashion photography is continuous shooting at full resolution. You can take shots at up to five frames per second without losing quality; it will help you capture the perfect smirk on your model’s face without having to shoot and re-shoot.
- Canon EOS 1ds Mark II The Mark II is another high-end camera that ranks highly for fashion photography. The Mark II offers 16.7 megapixels and is compatible with over 50 of Canon’s best lenses, so it can be a quick addition to your existing camera repertoire. The DIGIC II image processor housed in the Mark II is remarkably efficient, allowing for over 1,000 shots on one battery charge and touting just a three second start-up time. If you’re looking for a great all-around high-end option for fashion photography, especially if you’ve already built up a lens collection, the Canon Mark II is one of the best you’ll find.
- Hasselblad H3D If you’re reading this article, it’s unlikely that you can afford that Hasselblad H3D, but there’s nothing wrong with dreaming big. This baby can sell for up to $35,000, but there’s some good reasons for that. First off, the H3D features 50 megapixels (yes, you read right) of precision which is a nearly unparalleled feat in today’s market. No matter what type of fashion you’re photographing, what lighting you find yourself in, or what format you’ll be publishing your shots, the H3D will offer some of the clearest pictures you’ve ever seen. The ability to get this much sheer imaging power in a camera you can hold in your hand is unbelievable. The price tag will scare away all but the most serious fashion photographers, but the photos will attract nearly every eye that they catch.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …