With these five best cameras for landscape photography, taking photographs of landscapes is pretty easy right? Just aim, point, and shoot. However, did you know that with the right camera you can take mediocre landscape photos, and turn them into magical works of visual art? Especially if you have the right camera. So which cameras are the best for landscape photography? Find out here with our top five picks for landscape photography.
- The Olympus SP-800UZ is a top pick because this camera not only features a 30x optical zoom, but it can also take wonderful wide screen panoramas right on the screen. Basically, you pick your subject and move slowly, snapping two or more photos of the area. The camera helps you get it right by providing an on screen line for you to measure your next photograph up perfectly. Once you take your photos, the camera will then stitch them together for you right inside of the camera. It's a neat, foolproof method to really great panoramic photographs of landscape.
- The Nikon D3000 is our next choice for landscape enthusiasts. This camera will take clean, crisp, and striking vivid photos with wonderful coloring. It has a landscape mode built right into the camera, so taking bad shots is pretty impossible with this gem. The camera is a bit hefty in price, but worth its weight in gold.
- Up next, we have the Canon PowerShot SX20 IS. This camera takes beautiful, high quality photographs and is great for beginners. It features a 20x zoom, which will allow you to take photos of subjects at far distances. Like the Nikon D3000, it too features a landscape feature that will allow you to take foolproof landscape photographs. You can pick this camera up for just under $400.00, which is a great starter price.
- The Fujifilm FinePix S2500HD is the next top pick, because this camera can not only take high definition quality photos, but it also allows you to capture HD films as well. It connects to your HDTV for instant viewing, making it a popular choice. Besides those qualities, though, the camera also takes stunning photographs and will deliver really sweet landscape photos.
- Last but surely not least is the Sony A380, which is a stunning DSLR camera. Not only will this monster take stunning, jaw dropping photos, but it is easy to use and is a wonderful camera for photography enthusiasts. This camera will take stunning landscape photos, but it will also take stunning photos of just about anything you shoot. As Sony advertises, you get perfection with every click. This camera is priced a bit higher than the rest, but it is worth it, especially if you are serious about taking seriously good photographs.