5 Best Camping Sites In California
To have the best camping experience possible, campers should stay at one of the 5 best camping sites in California. Camping is a great way to enjoy different areas of California. If you're looking to visit one of the 5 best sites for camping in California, read on.
- North Shore Campground. Located on the shore of beautiful Lake Almanor, this California camping site is heaven for anyone who loves water sports. Kayaking, water skiing and fishing are all activities campers enjoy at this campground. Hiking one of the many trails around the lake is another activity that is enjoyed here. If campers don't want to bring their RVs or tents, they can camp at one of the campground's cabins.
- San Diego Metro KOA. KOA is known for having some of the best campgrounds in the country, and this California camping site won't disappoint campers. Not only does this campground have a swimming pool, it also has a hot tub. Cabin rentals range from cozy one- or two-room camping cottages to luxurious camping lodges. San Diego Metro KOA: 111 North 2nd Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91910; (619) 427-3601.
- Jellystone RV Park and Camp Resort at Cobb Mountain. Campers who have children have to camp at this campground. Between the miniature golf, hay rides, arcade and paddle boats, children never get bored at his California camping site. Children also enjoy the occasional visit from Yogi Bear. Since the children always have such a good time here, parents can kick back and enjoy a relaxing camping experience. Jellystone RV Park: 14117 Bottle Rock Road, Kelseyville, CA 95451; (866) 928-4322.
- Anaheim Harbor RV Park. One of the best things about this California camping site is that it is within walking distance of Disneyland. Staying here is a great way to visit Disneyland without paying for outrageous hotel fees. This park also has a heated simmer pool and free shuttle service to Disneyland. Anaheim Harbor RV Park: 1009 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92805; (888) 835-6495.
- Orangeland RV Park. Orange trees keep most of these California camping sites shaded. Visitors here can enjoy picking oranges, swimming in the pool, relaxing in the hot tub and playing miniature golf. This is a pet-friendly campground that also has free wireless internet access. Orangeland RV Park: 1600 W. Struck Ave., Orange, California 92867; (714) 633-0414.