5 Best Cancer Supplements
The thought of cancer, even the word, is scary, but these 5 best cancer supplements can help ease your mind. Answers to questions like which supplements will help fight cancer and help prevent cancer can be found below. Read on, increase your knowledge and raise your odds of staying healthy and remaining cancer free.
Micronutrients found in certain foods and supplements can have a profound and positive effect in the battle against cancer. For those already fighting cancer, these cancer supplements can help reduce the toxic side effects of common cancer treatments.
- Antioxidant coenzyme Q10 is a natural energy producer. Coenzyme Q10 is helpful in the fight against several types of cancer including breast cancer, colon cancer and melanoma. CoQ10 helps neutralize toxins, increases immune function and has been found to boost the effectiveness of cancer fighting medications. Post-treatment this supplement boosts the immune system, attacks any remaining cancer cells, prevents new growth of cancer cells and prevent spreading of cancer.
- New studies are showing that having optimal levels of vitamin D in your system can actually lower the risk of contracting cancer by over 50%. Vitamin D acts as a suppressor in the body. It helps activate certain proteins that suppress tumor growth. It has been found to be effective in the fight against and prevention of as many as sixteen different types of cancer including, colon, breast, prostate and pancreatic cancer.
- Green tea extract (EGCG) is the main ingredient in green tea. This cancer supplement slows the formation of blood vessels in tumors, which in turn reduced the growth rate of tumors. Green tea extract has been very effective against HPV (human papillomavirus), which is associated with cervical cancer. It has also been shown effective in fighting lymphoma, ovarian cancer and leukemia.
- Selenium has been called the "all out cancer defender." It is one of the best ways to tear cancer cells down by themselves. Studies have shown that selenium has lowered the risk of cancer related to the lungs, colon, breast and prostate.
- Beta Glucan is found in certain types of mushrooms, specifically shiitake, maitake, reishi and others. This supplement contains lectin which attacks cancer cells and prevents them from multiplying. These mushrooms also contain thioproline, which can stimulate natural production of interferon in the body. Extracts from these mushrooms have been used in Japan for many years and have been recently tested as an adjunct to chemotherapy.
Tips & Warnings:
- Some people with cancer take massive doses of vitamins and supplements, trying to boost their immune system. Certain supplements may actually be harmful in large doses and may reduce the chance of chemotherapy's effectiveness.
- Always inform your doctor of any supplements you are taking and ask for advice on the dosage.
- Stop taking the products immediately and call your doctor if you experience, itching, wheezing, swelling, numbness or tingling in your limbs.