5 Best Career Websites
The Internet is filled with great resources if you're looking for a job, and the below 5 best career websites will make that task even easier. The best career websites include resources for finding, keeping, and educating oneself about a job.
- One of the best career websites is Monster.com. Considered a leader in the field of career websites, Monster.com has about every type of job you can imagine listed. In their resource section, you'll find information all the way from creating a good resume up through negotiating a raise at Monster.com. You can also check to see what salaries are typical for different jobs. This alone makes Monster.com a leader among the best career websites.
- Another great career website is Careerbuilder.com. Like Monster, the Careerbuilder website offers a vast number of resources when searching for work. With over 23 million Internet hits a month, Careerbuilder is definitely a job hunting site you want to save into your bookmarks. On Careerbuilder, you can also network with other people in similar fields to your expertise.
- If you're a business executive, you might want to add Execusearch.com to your list of best career websites. Execusearch is not for everyone though as it handles mostly the higher end salaried workers in the companies, such as CEOs, CFOs, etc. Execusearch also doesn't allow everyone to post a resume—all resumes are reviewed and approved before being accepted to this career website.
- Yahoo Careers is another great place to find a new career. Post a resume, get new job postings emailed to you or connect with other workers in the various fields.
- If you've searched the above career websites for jobs and still can't find anything, you might want to head over to Craigslist.com to look for that new career. Craigslist allows one to search locally or nationally for almost any type of job. Although you won't find many job hunting resources, there are a lot of companies that advertise jobs exclusively on Craigslist as it's 100% free.
Warning: One thing to remember as you sign up for the best career websites is the same job may appear on more than one Internet job posting site. So, keep a list of where you've applied so you don't send your resume more than once for the same job position.