The 5 best cars for drag car racing are chosen for more than speed. The handling of the vehicle is of great importance when moving at high speeds down a drag strip. Drag racing on the street or in public areas is illegal. Make sure when racing one of these top rated cars that the races are sanctioned and held on property specifically licensed for drag racing. Street racing can result in the loss of the individuals driver's license and impounding of the vehicle.
- 2008 BMW 335i E93. This vehicle makes the list of best cars for drag racing due to it's speed and handling directly off the showroom floor. The sleek body style gives a sporty appearance and the handling is optimal. One of these cars has reached 112 mile per hour in the quarter mile run and close to 90 miles per hour in the short eighth mile track. The convertible version of this car is apparently the chosen style.
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle. This classic muscle car makes the list of best cars for drag racing. The legendary power behind this car pushes the times with recorded speeds of over 120 miles per hour on the quarter mile track. The car in top shape has recorded speeds in excess of 103 miles per hour on the short track.
- 1967 Chevrolet Camaro. This car was built for racing. Another classic on the list of best cars for drag racing, the car gives the owner plenty of room for tweaking and powering up. Topped out versions of the '67 Camaro have been clocked at over 133 miles per hour in the quarter mile run.
- 1994 Nissan 300ZX. For the modern car lover, the Nissan 300ZX makes the list of best cars for drag racing. The 1994 model has the potential to run at speeds hovering around 103 miles per hour on the quarter mile track.
- 1958 Austin-Healey Sprite. For the racer willing to invest the money, the Austin Healey Sprite makes the list of the best cars for drag racing. The rare find has recorded speeds of almost 150 miles per hour in the quarter mile run.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.