The 5 best Catherine Keener movies have cemented her reputation of being a talented, versatile, and radiant actress. She has been a part of both serious and light films, and is well liked no matter what character she plays. There's just something about Catherine Keener's adaptability that makes her enjoyable to watch on film.
- “Being John Malkovich” (1999). In this bizarre, hilarious cult classic, Catherine Keener’s character capitalizes on the discovery of a portal leading to John Malkovich’s mind. The movie was written by Charlie Kaufman, directed by Spike Jonze, and also stars Cameron Diaz, John Cusack, and John Malkovich. Catherine Keener was nominated for an Academy Award for her portrayal of Maxine Lund making this an easy choice for this list off 5 best Catherine Keener movies..
- “Capote” (2005). Catherine Keener plays Harper Lee, the author of “To Kill a Mockingbird,” in this biographical film about Truman Capote. Philip Seymour Hoffman portrays Capote. The movie received numerous Academy Award nominations, including Best Supporting Actress for Catherine Keener.
- “Where the Wild Things Are” (2009). In another 5 best film for Catherine Keener, Keener plays Max’s mother in this 2009 film based on the beloved children’s book by Maurice Sendak. Spike Jonze directed the highly anticipated dark adaptation, which featured the voices of James Gandolfini, Paul Dano, Catherine O’Hara and Forest Whitaker.
- “Into the Wild” (2007). “Into the Wild” was based on a non-fiction book by Jon Krakauer, and directed by Sean Penn. The film tells the story of Christopher McCandless, who leaves home to experience the wilds of Alaska on his own. Catherine Keener plays Jan Burres, who is part of a hippie couple that McCandless encounters during his travels.
- “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” (2005). This uproarious Catherine Keener movie was co-written by Judd Apatow and Steve Carrell. Carrell plays Andy, the 40-year-old-virgin, who becomes involved with Catherine Keener's character, Trish. The movie was admired for being charming, sweet, and funny in dealing with the subject of virginity.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.