5 Best Celebrity Couples 2009
The 5 best celebrity couples of 2009 offered excitement to eager paparazzi photographers, headlines for the gossip columns and curiosity to everyone else. Some of these romantic duos were married; others just partners. Let's take a look at the best 5 celebrity couples of 2009, and figure out why they remained on so many minds.
- Michelle Obama and Barack Obama. Michelle Obama isn't just simply married to the 44th president of the United States, Barack Obama. She also has been an extremely productive individual as well as a lawyer, community outreach worker and a Chicago city administrator. If you are wondering how this celebrity couple forged their future together, President Obama, after two years of dating Michelle, had a waiter present a ring to her on a tray with the dessert, while they were dining at a restaurant.
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z. As two of the biggest names in music, regardless of genre, Beyoncé and Jay-Z are easily among the most talked about celebrity couples that 2009 had to offer. Their marriage back in 2008 allowed for 2009 to show their bond wasn't just based on the publicity that it generates, but a lasting commitment. Concert tours, magazine covers, award ceremonies and business ventures surely help to keep these two over-achievers on a strong foundation.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Angelina Jolie is not only an actress with two actors for parents (Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand), but she has an extremely popular actor for a partner, Brad Pitt. In 2009, five years after meeting on the 2004 film "Mr. and Mrs. Smith, they are as much a tabloid page-turning celebrity couple as ever. The rights to the pictures of their children, Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline when they were born in 2008, were sold to People and Hello! magazines for $14 million--a record-setting sum.
- Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. A decade and a halfs worth of age difference did nothing to disrupt this married celebrity couple in 2009. Actress Demi Moore's three children even affectionately refer to Ashton as "M.O.D." (My Other Dad). Demi seems to be bringing out the best in Ashton career-wise as well. He got back into modeling, became a creative director for Ooma, a telephone device company, as well as an investor in two Los Angeles restaurants: Dolce and Geisha House.
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand. Katy Perry is a musician, songwriter and singer of the hit "I Kissed a Girl," while her significant other Russell Brand played a singer in the movies "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "Get Him to the Greek." After dating Gym Class Hero's front man Travis McCoy, Perry bonded well with the British comedian/actor Russell Brand. This celebrity couple solidified their bond in 2009 when they got engaged to each other in India during the New Year's holiday.